The BiPolar Bears are well known throughout Victoria and Australia for their high energy performances and high profile advocacy of mental health issues.
* The band is part of the City of Port Phillip’s Access Arts program, designed to create arts participation opportunities for people living with a mental illness.
* The band has been playing for 15 years, making it one of Melbourne’s most stable rock groups.
* They’ve played at Federation Square, the Sydney Opera House, Brisbane’s Powerhouse, Rockhampton, with the Choir of Hard Knocks on ABC radio, across country Victoria, St Kilda Festival, regularly at Club Wild’s discrimination-free dance party events, endless mental health events and recently a performance for inmates of the psychiatric ward at Port Phillip prison.
* The band has featured on radio, in print and on C31 TV over the years.
* The BiPolar Bears play a wide ranging repertoire of original and covers songs, from rock to blues to punk and have released 2 CDs of original songs.
* The Bears have collaborated with some Australian music industry greats, including Ross Hannaford (Daddy Cool) and Pete Satchell (Dallas Crane). To order a copy of the BiPolar Bears EP "New Shoes' or their 2003 CD 'Only Breathing', please contact the BiPolar Bears from this page.
* The Bears support The Music Network (for mental health). Check out the great stuff the Network does at http://www.mentalhealthmusicnetwork.net/